FAQ - Antivirus Service for mobile and tablet
The Antivirus Service for Android devices has been awarded as a high-performance antivirus solution for Android. It proactively protects your phone or tablet from malware in apps and from the internet. This technology, developed in-house by Ikarus Security, is ideal for securing your mobile devices.
Find and remove all kinds of malware without noticeable impact on your battery life or memory usage. With a paid version you have more functions such as privacy control and SMS Blacklisting.
- Android version 4.1 or higher
- Android smartphone or tablet
As long as the device is connected to the Internet, the Antivirus Service will continue to work.
AV-Test -Android Certification:
- 99.2% real-time detection of the latest Android malware,
99.6% detection of current Android malware from the last 4 weeks
- g an influence on the battery life
- does not slow down the use of the device in normal use
Generates little network load
PCSL – Android Certification
- Detection rate of 99.9% and no false messages
- Won 5 star award in the PCSL Android Malware Detection Test
- Apps are tested against lists of known malicious apps
- Application installers and binaries are scanned by various anti-malware engines from the Metadefender Cloud and should not be flagged more than four times
- Apps should be completely uninstallable without leaving any running functions in the system
Antivirus for mobile or tablet
The Ikarus Antivirus Service works extremely fast from the cloud via a software agent with little impact on your computer, server, mobile or tablet. The antivirus service uses the most advanced recognition and protection techniques against:
- Unwanted applications
The Antivirus Cloud is designed to prevent both new and evolving threats from accessing the most valuable data and applications from your computer, server, mobile or tablet. It provides updates from a European data center where a lightweight agent gives you complete protection against all virus and malware threats on your computer, mobile or tablet. A web-based management console gives you real-time insight into protected devices, updates, versions, infections and licenses.